Labor day marked the end of my busy season at work...woohoo! So now I can dedicate myself to my love of scrapbooking and paper art. I have so many projects in the works! I have so many ideas that I can't wait to make reality!
Scrapbooking can be an expensive hobby, if my husband knew what I had invested in all my supplies, he would probably file for immediate divorce, that or decide he was entitled to go buy his own toys, like more expensive parts for his bike. So lets keep it a secret....shhhh.
Anyway I have decided to finish off some of my projects, and let you know what I used to make them. If you don't have the necessary tools to make the project, I will be posting some very inexpensive kits so that you can make the project without spending an arm and a leg on tools you may need.
Next a white piece of 10.25 x 10.25 cardstock was added after a Martha Stewart punch was used to punch a border around the entire piece of cardstock.
The edges of both pieces of paper were lightly chalked with pink chalk and then sprayed with Krylon Workable Fixatif. (yes that is how it is spelled on the can)
Lots of layers in this one...
Next came a light pink piece of 6.75 x 8.50 cardstock with Martha Stewart punch used to do the border.
A white piece of 6.50 x 8.25 cardstock came next using the same Martha Stewart punch for the border.
Peeking out ever so slightly is a dark pink piece of 5 7/8 x 7 7/8 cardstock that I used my Purple Cow paper cutter to give a wavy edge to.
A light pink piece of 5.75 x 7.75 cardstock was then added using pop dots to give it some lift.
The last layer is the lovely picture that I purchased from Beth Neumann. Her blog can be found at: tatteredchic.blogspot.com. I burned the edges to add to the vintage look. I used pop dots to give it dimension when added to the layout.
I added a piece of lace to the bottom.
On the top of the page a beautiful flourish was added. I added glitter to this flourish to make it stand out more. The flourish came from one of my favorite sites http://www.svgcuts.com/. It is from the Jacquelyn's Swirlies SVG Collection.
I used a dark pink cardstock for the base of the butterfly. The top layer of the butterfly used a coordinating patterned paper. The butterfly also came from svgcuts.com.
The dark pink bird flourish was from http://www.dianasdesignsonline.com/.
The lovely vine with the little pink flowers was from PepitosRoom on http://www.etsy.com/
Some mulberry roses that I purchased on ebay were used on the top and the bottom.
The larger roses were made by me, check out my video tutorial for more information.
To make the flater roses I used my Spellbinder Grand Calibur machine. I used a Donna Salazar Die cut called Rose Creations. The leaves were from Heartfelt Creations that comes with added stamps that used a green ink for to give a realistic look to the leaves.
Green wire was curled around a skewer and the smaller leaves were attatched.
A silver metal corner embellishment was added with a matching bird that was purchased from ebay (I can't remember the seller, so sorry) finishes this creation off.
I will have 10 kits available for just $18.99.
The kits will contain:
1 12 x 12 blue cardstock
1 10.25 x 10.25 white cardstock
1 6.75 x 8.50 piece of pink cardstock
1 6.50 x 8.25 piece of white cardstock
1 5 7/8 x 7 7/8 piece of dark pink cardstock
1 5.75 x 7.75 of pink cardstock
1 rose image
4 mulberry roses
Vine with flowers
Components to make all larger roses (6 all together)
Leaves already stamped
Wire for smaller leaves
Cardstock will NOT have borders on them unless you specifically ask for the borders to be added. I will add punched borders at your request free of charge.